Benefits of the Premier's be active Challenge
Being active is great for general wellbeing. The Challenge provides a focus for schools trying to promote physical activity in a fun and rewarding way. Some of the benefits of becoming involved in the Premier’s be active Challenge include:
- Raises the profile of physical activity in schools
- Gives students a focus for their physical activity
- Encourages students to enjoy being active
- Encourages students to participate by being challenged
- Contributes to better attendance, time on task, behaviour and academic performance
- Offers incentives for those reluctant to be active
- Builds self-esteem, self-efficacy, pride, school unity and a sense of achievement among students
- Increases the involvement of parents in their child’s physical activity
- Contributes to increased wellbeing
- Contributes to lifelong physical activity
- Contributes to connections with broader community (eg sporting clubs, adventure playgrounds, etc).
Have a question about the Challenge?
Please email our Premier’s be active Challenge mailbox or call for assistance. We look forward to hearing from you.